Central Sterile Technician - Lakeside Campus PRN
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Central Sterile Technician PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Central Sterile Technician PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Decontaminates, cleans and sterilizes equipment, instruments and supplies. Assembles and maintains inventories of surgical and floor trays. Performs data entry of patient charges. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cleans, assembles, sterilizes and stores instruments and supplies.
- Dispenses sterile instruments and supplies for the surgical case cart system, nursing units and other clinical areas.
- Cleans, disinfects, reassembles, performs, records, reports safety and operational checks on all portable equipment that cannot be sterilized mechanically.
- Maintains supply and instrument storage areas, reporting shortages, checking shelf life, package integrity and reprocessing outdated or compromised items.
- Identifies, assembles and wraps basic instrument sets.
- Delivers and retrieves supplies and equipment.
- Collects and enters patient charge information.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certified Registered Central Service Technician or able to become certified within 13 months.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: One year experience in sterilization or operating room environment.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull carts up to 400 pounds on a recurring basis. Basic math and good customer service skills are required. Data entry experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Work schedule: Lakeside Campus - PRN
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Central Sterile Technician PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.