Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Emergency Room
Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Emergency Room
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator today with Tulane Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center Downtown we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Clinical Coordinator like you to be a part of our team.
About this unit:
- Team work! The culture that surrounds us in this unit is not only one of great patient care, but the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
- Supportive nurse leaders, experienced Charge RNs & exceptional physician support.
Experienced clinician recognized for knowledge and expertise by peers. Demonstrates leadership qualities and functions consistently and autonomously in the leadership role. Assists and supports efforts and initiatives to establish and maintain standards of quality care for the unit. Identifies and recommends changes and improvements to the unit environment. Assigns duties to professional and ancillary personnel based on patients’ needs, available staff, and unit needs. Supervises, coaches and evaluates work performance in delivery of patient care for improved patient outcomes. Demonstrates high level of customer service to patients/families and all healthcare team members. Compiles and maintains reports on staff performance and medical services rendered. Responsible for ensuring that established inventory for medicines, solutions, supplies, equipment are maintained. Works in collaboration with the Nurse Educator to maintain educational and competency requirements of staff. Responsible for direct patient care as needed.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana Licensure as a Registered Nurse or compact RN license from permanent state of residence authorizing practice in Louisiana. ACLS and PALS Certification required within 6 months of employment for assignment in Emergency department. Current BCLS/CPR certification required. CPI and TNCC required within 120 days of hire. ENPC preferred
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in area of expertise with demonstrated unit leadership ability.
- Special Qualifications: Ability to demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients. Ability to use independent judgment and decision making in the execution of supervisory responsibilities, including when considering schedules, workload, and skill mix in assigning work; rewarding, counseling, or disciplining employees; leading and developing others; and directing employees within their responsibility. Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results. Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.