Clinical Pharmacist - PRN - Lakeside Campus
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Clinical Pharmacist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Lakeside Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Tulane Lakeside Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Clinical Pharmacist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Clinical Pharmacist oversee all activities of the department pertaining to the ordering, preparation and dispensing of pharmaceutical preparations in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and in compliance with the requirements of the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- The Tulane Lakeside Hospital Pharmacy Department services the needs of our inpatient, emergency room, surgical and outpatient oncology/infusion populations
- Opportunity to join a collaborative team to provide excellent pharmaceutical care
- Leadership and staff are positive, supportive, and engaged
- Reviews, interprets and clarifies physician orders for overdoses, incompatibilities, and duplicate medications.
- Weighs, measures, and prepares medication products utilizing appropriate tools and equipment.
- Issues Schedule II medications and maintains appropriate records.
- Maintains appropriate Quality Assurance records.
- Supervises technician and student activities.
- Provides drug information to nurses, physicians and patients.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Performs pharmacy technician duties as assigned.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Louisiana licensed pharmacist or eligible.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from a college accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE). PharmD degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year post-graduate pharmacy practice preferred. New graduates accepted.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work Schedule: Lakeside Campus - PRN
For more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery. HCA Healthcare acquired Lakeside Hospital for Women in 1964, building a 94-bed facility in Metairie, outside New Orleans. In 2005, Lakeside merged with Tulane Medical Center, changing its name to Tulane Lakeside Hospital.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Pharmacist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.