Coord Customer Service - Medical Office Assistant
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Coord Customer Service - Medical Office Assistant today with Tulane Medical Center.
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Coord Customer Service - Medical Office Assistant. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible for ensuring that all functions of the physician’s office practice, both clerical and clinical, that is allowed to be performed by non-licensed staff members are completed in an accurate and timely manner in order to guarantee optimal clinic flow. Performs all clinic registration process (interviews, pre-admission verification of insurance coverage, pre-certification and collection of co-pays) and under the supervision of the licensed nurse, performs a variety of direct patient care activities (venipuncture, collects non-invasive body fluid specimen and assists with diagnostic testing and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures, stocks and maintains physical environment of the office to include exam and procedure rooms. All processes are conducted according to state, federal, and corporate regulations. Provides superior customer service. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Works collaboratively with licensed staff and peers using a team concept of patient care delivery; works with the licensed and unlicensed staff to create, promote and maintain a patient centric culture.
- While accepting primary assignment to support medical management of a selected group of physicians’ practices understands that she/he is part of a team and assists all patients and physician in this multispecialty practice.
- Works closely with all departments of the hospital and clinics to ensure efficient, accurate and quality patient care for TUHC customers. Provide customers with a service that assures they are listened to, understood, cared for, and treated fairly and courteously, intelligently, and individually. Successfully complete all mandatory training.
- Accurately and efficiently performs patient registration in person and to handle all pre-admission process by phone or computer access. Ensures that all consents/paperwork are completed at the time of registration.
- Collects and completes all required registration documentation and obtains patient signatures on necessary forms. Obtains copies of insurance cards and/or other insurance/third party payer documentation as required. Obtains copies of driver’s license and/or other personal identification documentation as required.
- Verifies insurance and completes the pre-certification process as required by 3rd party payers in an accurate and timely manner. Documents all needed information accurately and timely as required.
- Discusses with Patients/parents/responsible party any hospital regulations and financial obligations including 3rd party payer requirements, calculates and determines payment requirements, and collects all up-front payments at time of admission to ensure maximum collection. Accurately completes all cash reconciliations, follows all financial policies as set by clinic administration.
- Answers and processes customer service phone calls, and performs clerical duties in support of clinic business process as well as any other duties as assigned.
- Accurately and efficiently perform the scheduling process per our Physician /IDX profile and guidelines.
- Accurately and efficiently perform the end of day business reconciliation of collections, charge tickets and registration documentation.
- Referral management program to include scheduling hospital admits, testing, surgeries, procedures, specialists appointments.
- Maintain medical record charts according to policy, filing, faxing, and documentation of patient care etc.
- Prepares patient, room and supplies for exams, tests and treatments
- Performs direst patient care procedures as directed by licensed nurse
- Stocks and orders supplies for routine and special needs
- All other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Requires successful completion of a medical assistant program, military corpsman, or 2 years or more clinical experience in physician’s practice. Current CPR certification.
- Education: High School Diploma required. Graduate from a medical assistant program, military corpsman, or 2 years or more clinical experience in physician’s practice.
- Experience: previous clinical experience preferred may substitute 2 or more years of experience in Physician office/hospital admit office.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within the designated probationary period. Knowledge of Insurance/Managed Care rules and guidelines. Excellent written and oral communication and guest relation skills with strong computer skills. Experience in working effectively in a fast paced environment. Skilled in maintaining information as confidential. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Able to adapt to changes in assignment. Ability to perform multiple tasks with appropriate prioritization and organization. Must successfully complete mandatory training as set by clinic administration.
- Work schedule: Cancer Center Clinic - Full-time - Monday-Friday(8:00 am-4:30 pm)
This is role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Coord Customer Service - Medical Office Assistant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.