Coordinator Patient Experience
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Coordinator Patient Experience you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Coordinator Patient Experience to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Coordinator Patient Experience provides strategic direction and leadership to accomplish results in all customer satisfaction areas, including patient and physician satisfaction. Provides coaching to leaders and staff through site visits, personal coaching, and training to ensure staff at all levels of the organization are competent to support the delivery of patient centered care.
About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Completes patient experience rounds in patient rooms, especially on high impact power units. Oversight and responsibility for enhancing and continually improving the overall experience of patients and families throughout Tulane downtown and Lakeside Campuses.
- Clearly defines the optimal Patient Experience, including the behavioral changes necessary to achieve cultural transformation throughout the entire organization. Provide patient experience education at all new employee orientation sessions
- Instills a culture of service excellence, hospitality, ownership and results across the enterprise
- Documents and communicates throughout the organizations the shared vision for experience improvements
- Develops service, educational, and training programs throughout both campuses relating to the patient experience. Ability to develop a full understanding of service excellence best practices and tools and communicate them effectively to accomplish results
- Strategically develops, refines and improves performance metrics and measurement methods using standardized and customized tools to consistently measures results. Collaborates with department leaders to assist in developing and executing action plans to optimize patient experience
- Utilizes coaching, best practices, and collaboration to improve service excellence throughout the system. Provides one-on-one and team/department coaching facility leadership as well as staff that targets improving customer satisfaction and patient experience. Collaborates with and assists department leaders in completing validations of patient experience initiatives such as bedside shift report, AIDET, SAFETY rounds, etc. and identifies gaps to share with department leaders to ensure success
- Identifies and presents key issues impacting the Patient/Family experience for department leaders and executive officer team for discussion and decision making which will include findings, barriers to success and progress toward results
- Monitors patient experience trends and identifies how top performing hospitals identify & maintain success
- Education: Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field or public relations required.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience with patient interaction or public relations related experience. Operational leadership and supervisory experience preferred.
- Special qualifications: Unit champion/ role model for desired changes and behaviors. Provide accountable and consistent presence in departments. excellent communicator. Skillful in the delivery of crucial conversations. Fosters relationships with employees, patients, and outside resources. Professional, positive courteous attitude. Leadership skills. Requires self-direction and exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels of management, staff and external customers. Must possess strong facilitation and coaching skills. Must positively interact with diverse personalities in all levels of the organization.
- Work schedule: Nursing Administration - Full-time - Monday-Friday
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Coordinator Patient Experience like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.