Do you have the career opportunities as a CT Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a CT Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The CT Technologist performs computed tomography procedures and related techniques, producing sectional and three-dimensional images at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. Supports and helps to achieve departmental goals. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- A CT technologist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information. Is able to recognize patient condition, assesses and monitors patient vital signs, takes appropriate action in emergency situations essential for successful completion of procedures while maintaining quality patient care through the use of independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in positioning and exposure technique; possess, utilize and maintain knowledge about radiation protection, safety and current scanning protocols.
- Prepare, administer and document activities related to medications and radiation exposure in accordance to federal, state and institutional policies.
- Must remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
- As a member of the health care team, CT technologists participate in quality improvement processes and continually assess their professional performance.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Able to think critically and use independent, professional and ethical judgment in all aspects of their work.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The CT Technologist performs routine and specialized imaging procedures in the application of the ionizing radiation in accordance with the established professional and departmental standards. The CT Tech provides high-quality computerized tomography images of the used by physicians for diagnosis and treatment. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What qualifications you will need:
- CPR must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Radiographer (ARRT) registry eligible
- State Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LSRT) (New graduates can operate on a temporary state license through expiration of that license)
- CT Certification is required within one year of hire date
- Completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program
- One year of CT experience or one year employment in radiology at TUHC preferred, but not required
- Hours of work: Shift as scheduled. Employee is required to rotate holidays, and may be required to cover on call nights and weekends
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday(10:00 am-6:30 pm)
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CT Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.