Director of Nursing Services
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a work environment as a Director of Nursing Services where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Tulane Lakeside Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the Tulane Lakeside Medical Center team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Lakeside Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Director of Nursing Services for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Directs nursing service activities of nursing personnel in one or more patient care units. Verifies that patients’ needs are met and evaluates nursing care and performance. Participates in planning work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments. Plans and organizes training of unit staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs. Communicates policies, practices, procedures, objectives, and goals necessary for attainment of satisfactory patient care. Performs all other duties as assigned. Oversees and directs departmental activities to ensure quality services for both internal and external customers. Serves as a resource to, and collaborates with others to advance the hospital mission. Have 7-day-a-week, 24-hour-a-day "bottom line" responsibility for a significant component of the hospital's operations. Accountable for financial operations and implementation of hospital (and service line) goals within their area of responsible. Participate in strategic planning for the hospital and/or service line of which they are a part. Is accountable for quality/patient safety.
- Performs all fiscal responsibilities according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Oversees or directly supervises department staff, including hiring, firing, orientation, training and evaluation within established guidelines.
- Maintains a department staffing plan that meets organizational needs.
- Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates department goals that coincide with the hospital goals on a yearly basis.
- Communicates the department's needs, requirements, available services and information to internal and external customers.
- Develops, reviews and revises departmental policies and procedures and assures the department's compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special projects both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrates personal and professional growth and expertise by remaining current with state and federal associations and with professional trends, and by participating in community activities.
- Coordinates the departmental performance improvement process including the preparation, analysis, and submission of required reports.
- Complies with all standards for safety, risk management, and infection control as required by enforcement agencies.
- Establishes standards, provides training and enforces compliance of departmental hospital customer service program.
- Oversees the day to day operations of respective department, to provide consistent quality service to internal and external customers.
- Reacts effectively to unplanned circumstances, demands, and challenges facing the department.
- Monitors quality outcomes and recommends improvements in performance relative to the following patient safety issues: mitigation of unsafe practices; identification and mitigation of risks and hazards; quality of the informed consent process; performing unwanted life sustaining treatment or withholding resuscitation; ensuring adequate and competent nursing staff service and nursing leadership at all levels; timely and understandable communication of patient critical information; accurate labeling of diagnostic studies including radiographs, laboratory specimens or other diagnostic studies; adverse events resulting from non-standardized, fragmented or ineffective transfer at the time of patient discharge; adverse drug events and medication reconciliation; hospital-acquired infections related to inadequate hand hygiene; central venous catheter related bloodstream infection prevention; complications associated with ventilator use; catheter associated urinary tract infections; prevention of developing venous thromboembolism and subsequent pulmonary embolism and anticoagulation therapy and coordinated care.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital is a 119-bed facility located in Metairie, Louisiana. For more than 40 years, the hospital has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of Jefferson Parish. The hospital provides leading-edge technology in many specialties.
Since opening in 1964, has treated well over 300,000 patients. Our initial commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In early 2022, we were proudly recognized for the 12th time as one of the world’s most ethical companies by Ethisphere, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices. In 2021, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charity care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Director of Nursing Services opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Louisiana Registered Nurse, CPR required and ACLS required within 1 year.
- Education: BSN Required
- Experience: Five- (5) years-clinical experience and two- (2) years progressive leadership in area of expertise.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to direct and manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to analyze and interpret common medical and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors. Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.