Functional Neurosurgery Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
Tulane Medical Center New Orleans, LA Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on June 17, 2022
Job Summary:The Department of Neurological Surgery at Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking a functional neurosurgeon to join its faculty as the neuroscience program continues to expand.
- Join Tulane University Medical Center, the hub of a growing neuroscience network anchored by the comprehensive stroke program, with partners in both Louisiana and Mississippi
- The candidate should have fellowship training in stereotactic and functional neurosurgery as well as some interest in general neurosurgery
- The successful candidate will be expected to direct and build the surgical stereotactic and functional neurosurgery program working with Tulane’s movement disorder neurologists, external referring physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- The candidate will be expected to play an important role in the education of residents, fellows, and students.
- The candidate will be supported to establish a translational and/or clinical research program related to stereotactic and functional neurosurgery
- Candidate will be involved in outpatient clinic, inpatient hospital service, and telemedicine call
- Teach students, residents, and mentor fellows enrolled in our ACGME-accredited neurosurgery fellowship program
- Play a vital role in expanding research programs in collaboration with other faculty members
- Must possess the training to qualify for an academic appointment
- Board-certified or board eligible
- Eligible for licensure in Louisiana
- Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university-funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and the option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.