Gastroenterology NP Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
Tulane Medical Center New Orleans, LA Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on September 9, 2022
Job Summary:The Section of Gastroenterology at Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking experienced nurse practitioners.
- Assist physicians in the outpatient setting
- Develop protocols and plans of treatment under physician supervision as well as assist in expanding the clinic base
- Knowledge of the clinical research process is not essential but a plus
- Must be people-oriented and willing to learn
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with a diverse patient population
- Expected to work with section chief, faculty members, and fellows in an academic medical center setting and will participate in clinical trials
- Certified nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority required
- Must be eligible for licensure in the state of Louisiana
- 3 plus years’ experienced is preferred and work experience with patients in a hospital/clinic setting is essential
- Basic Cardiac Life Support / Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association is required
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of required job information
- Proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to the role and working knowledge of advanced practice provider policies and protocols at a department and campus/system level
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university-funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and the option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance and wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.