Graduate Nurse Residency - Perioperative OR
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have an interest in pursuing your nursing career in the OR? Come Jump start your nursing career at Tulane. We are accepting applications for our StaRN program in the Perioperative OR starting January 23rd, 2023. Experienced nurses looking for a change in specialty is encouraged to apply.
Transitioning from student to professional nurse can be challenging. That’s why we are committed to the development and training of the caregivers of the future. New grads like YOU. How you begin your nursing career is no small decision. Our Nurse Residency program will give you hands-on clinical experience and help you develop critical thinking skills. As you learn you’ll be surrounded by a supportive community of experienced nurses and fellow nurse residents who will help you to be successful and grow your career.
What to expect as a Nurse Resident
- Clinical instruction by subject matter experts
- State-of-the-art simulation training
- Scenarios developed and managed by clinical experts
- Interaction between facility leaders
- Continual support from a mentor and preceptor
- Monthly educational seminars
- Opportunities for training in specialty areas such as ER, OR and ICU
- Evidence-based capstone project
Our Nurse Residency program is a year-long program comprised of two phases:
- StaRN - Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses for the OR is 23 weeks with three parts
Parts 1 & 2: 11 weeks classroom, self study, OR skills days, & facility clinical days with looping assignments
Part 3: 12 weeks clinical preceptorship
This program is designed to develop your clinical skills working alongside a qualified preceptor during patient care and through, hands-on simulation training and classroom education.
The StaRN curriculum is based on the American Association of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) core curriculum. The program will also provide introduction and training to the EMR system for your facility.
- Phase 2: Professional development Partner with a mentor, attend monthly seminars, and complete an evidence-based capstone project for the remainder of the year
- Advanced clinical training in a specialty area
- A full-time position with BLS, ACLS, National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale and Crisis Prevention Institute Certifications
- Support from a community of caring, experienced nurses
- Opportunity to advance your career in one of the largest healthcare systems in the country by joining one of our HCA facilities.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Health System, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make our benefits package truly customizable to meet your needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Assistance Program - $100 paid monthly towards outstanding student loans
Tuition Reimbursement - $5,250 paid annually
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Tulane Medical Center Downtown
1415 Tulane Avenue New Orleans, LA 70112
235 licensed beds
Number of physicians: 1,300
Number of FTE RNs/LPN: 615
Number of full time employees: 1500
- Graduated or graduating from an accredited school of nursing
- Obtain ATT letters upon graduation
- OR obtain Louisiana State approve temporary/permanent RN License or valid compact license from permanent state of residence
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our nurses in Surgical Services, ENDO, PACU, Perioperative OR. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For further information, please reach out to our Nurse Recruiters
Fay Baptist at 504-220-5247 or email [email protected]
Yahti Wooten at 985-214-6226 or email [email protected]