Lead Medical Technologist
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Lead Medical Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Lead Med Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Lead Medical Technologist coordinate and participate in a variety of complex technical tasks in the performance of laboratory tests to obtain data for use by physician in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. The senior medical technologists acts as a team leader for the departmental section. This position may require the ability to market laboratory services and coordinate point of care testing in the hospital unit and clinic settings.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of complex technical tasks to include chemical, microscopic, bacteriologic and other medical laboratory tests and examinations to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease; record determinations and results for review by physician.
- Monitors, maintains and sets up equipment, instruments and apparatus required for specific laboratory tests.
- Evaluate laboratory data for accuracy. Assures pending logs are completed as scheduled.
- Performs quality control procedures; reviews, analyzes and reports data.
- Provides clinical instruction in lab techniques and procedures to lab staff and pathology residents.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: LA state license and ASCP certification eligible
- Education: Bachelors degree required
- Experience: 3-5 years experience in related area(s)
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. technical expertise in related area(s); ability to organize and direct the activities of others; ability to communicate effectively with all staff; ability to problem solve technical problems in the designated laboratory sections
- Work schedule: Full-time - Day shift(5:30 am-3:00 pm)
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Lead Med Tech like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.