Lead Oncology Pharmacist
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Lead Oncology Pharmacist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Tulane Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Pharmacy Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Oncology Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing all levels of oncological pharmacy clinical services. This includes monitoring patient medication regimens and providing appropriate interventions as well as supporting all aspects of pharmacy operations.
About this unit:
- The Tulane Medical Center Pharmacy Department services the needs of our inpatient, emergency room, surgical and outpatient oncology/infusion populations
- Opportunity to join a collaborative team to provide excellent pharmaceutical care
- Leadership and staff are positive, supportive, and engaged
- Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
- Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
- Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- Provide clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
- Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
- Attend and actively participate in daily multidisciplinary and bedside rounds
- Support the hospital formulary decision process by working with medical staff to promote rational drug therapy and make improvements identified by drug utilization evaluations
- Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Louisiana licensed pharmacist or eligible.
- Education: B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy, a Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred. Board Certification in Oncology Pharmacy required within 18 months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of hospital clinical pharmacy experience or at least 2 years of general hospital pharmacy experience required; preferably within area of focus. Completion of hospital PGY1/ pharmacy general practice residency or fellowship. Specialty BCPS certification in Oncology. Other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP).
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Board Certified in a pharmacy practice specialty preferred. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills. Word processing, spreadsheet, and other computer software skills desirable.
- Work schedule: Full-time - Day shift(7:00 am-3:30 pm or 8:00 am-4:30 pm) w/rotating weekends
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lead Oncology Pharmacist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.