DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Licensed Electrician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Licensed Electrician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Licensed Electrician performs maintenance service or repairs on electrical and/or mechanical equipment. Performs all work in accordance with established Safety Procedure(s). Requires a Journeyman/Master-level license. Familiarity with electrical codes required. Ability to read blueprints desired. Ability to work in energized panels. Must complete training program in tube system, electric doors and maintenance on electrical components in hospital. Required to perform basic preventive maintenance functions. Performs all other duties as assigned
About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Operates, maintains and installs Hospital building mechanical and electrical systems and components.
- Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces electrical and mechanical systems and/or components
- Performs preventive maintenance on electrical and mechanical systems.
- Maintains compliance with all safety, local, state, federal and regulatory agency requirements.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: License as Journeyman/Master electrician required.
- Education: High school diploma, vocational school certificate, or equivalent in electrical, refrigeration, or plumbing trade. Basic math skills are required.
- Experience: Preferred one to three years experience in a commercial or hospital building
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday - Day shift
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Licensed Electrician like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.