Manager of Facility Services
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a work environment as a Manager of Facility Services where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Tulane Lakeside Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the Tulane Lakeside Medical Center team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Lakeside Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Manager of Facility Services to support our Tulane Health System for Downtown and Lakeside locations to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
- Responsible for managing, planning, and coordinating installation, operation, and maintenance of uninterrupted light, refrigeration, water and sewerage, and service utilities for hospital buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Oversees and directs departmental actives to ensure quality services for both internal and external customers.
- Ensures optimal staff productivity and engagement.
- Serves as a resource to, and collaborates with others to advance the hospital mission. Participates in strategic planning for the hospital and/or service line of which they are apart. Conducts Environment of Care, Healthy Work Environment, and all maintenance rounds per Director of Facilities Services.
- Maintains all Physical Plant repairs and day to day operations in conjunction with Chief Engineer.
- Assumes the responsibility of maintaining the Work Order system to ensure accuracy of work order status, PM completion, and communication.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility and maintains accurate records of all expenses charged to the department.
- Works with the Project Manager to ensure completion of all hospital projects.
- Keeps the Director of Facility Services informed and abreast at all times.
- Assumes the duties of the Director in his absence.
- Have a 7-day–a-week “Bottom line” responsibility for a significant component of their areas of responsibility.
Tulane Medical Center is a tertiary care facility with 235 beds and 24 specialty clinics, located within the School of Medicine downtown campus. Tulane Medical Center is an award-winning hospital and ER in New Orleans and offers advanced medical care in the Jefferson and Orleans parishes. The emergency room (ER) is within walking distance of the French Quarter, with fast average ER wait times.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital is a 119-bed facility located in Metairie, Louisiana. For more than 40 years, the hospital has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of Jefferson Parish. The hospital provides leading-edge technology in many specialties. Since opening in 1964, has treated well over 300,000 patients. Our initial commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In early 2022, we were proudly recognized for the 12th time as one of the world’s most ethical companies by Ethisphere, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices. In 2021, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charity care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Manager of Facility Services opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering or other related fields preferred.
Experience: Seven years relevant experience in hospital facility services and central plant preferred. Three years progressive leadership in area of expertise preferred.
Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to establish accountability and organization amongst staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.