Medical Office Assistant PRN
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medical Office Assistant PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Office Assistant PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs a variety of direct patient care activities. Performs venipuncture, obtains non-invasive body fluid specimen, and assists with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures. Documents interactions in the patient's medical record. Assist physicians and other nursing staff members with procedures as requested. Performs clerical functions to support the practice as instructed, stocks and maintains physical environment of exam and procedure rooms.
- Prepares patient, room and supplies for exams, tests, and treatments
- Performs direct patient care procedures as directed by RN/designee.
- Stocks and orders supplies for routine and special needs
- Assists in maintaining the Medical record and documents patient care in the Medical Record
- Schedules patients as needed
- Enters charges as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Requires successful completion of a medical assistant program, military corpsman, Certified Nursing Assistant training program or 2 years or more clinical experience in physician’s practice.
- Education: Graduate from a Medical/Nursing Assistant Program, military corpsman training program, or 2 years or more clinical experience in a physician’s practice.
- Experience: Previous experience preferred.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Excellent communication skills. Ability to perform multiple tasks with appropriate prioritization and organization.
- Work schedule: Pulmonary Clinic - PRN - Monday-Friday(8:00 am-4:30 pm)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Office Assistant PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.