Medical Technologist - Microbiology
Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Med Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Medical Technologists, also known as clinical laboratory technologists, perform and analyze the results of complex scientific tests on blood and bodily fluids. These highly trained professionals work in hospitals and independent laboratories using sophisticated procedures and equipment.
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Perform chemical, microscopic, bacteriologic and other medical laboratory tests and examinations to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease; record determination and results for review by physician.
- Set up and operate manual and automatic laboratory equipment, instruments and apparatus required for specific laboratory tests. Performs routine maintenance d troubleshooting steps on automated equipment to assure proper functioning.
- Performs quality control and calibration procedures; reviews and reports data.
- Reviews pending logs and assures smooth transition of workflow and /or problems before leaving work area.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: LA state license and ASCP certification eligible
- Education: Bachelors degree or appropriate documentation of ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist
- Experience: Graduation from an approved Medical Technology program
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory medicine techniques and practices. Demonstrated education and clinical training in the practice of laboratory medicine
- Work Schedule: Microbiology - Full-time - Evening shift(12:00 pm-11:30 pm) - 7 on 7 off(Wednesday-Tuesday)
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Med Tech like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.