DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a MRI Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Performs magnetic resonance procedures and related techniques, producing images at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. Supports and helps to achieve departmental goals. Performs all other duties as assigned.Responsibilities:
- An MRI technologist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information. Is able to recognize patient condition, assesses and monitors patient vital signs, takes appropriate action in emergency situations essential for successful completion of procedures while maintaining quality patient care through the use of independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in positioning and exposure technique; possess, utilize and maintain knowledge about magnetic protection, safety and current scanning protocols.
- Prepare, administer and document activities related to medications and radiation exposure in accordance to federal, state and institutional policies.
- Must remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
- As a member of the health care team, MRI technologists participate in quality improvement processes and continually assess their professional performance.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Are able to think critically and use independent, professional and ethical judgment in all aspects of their work.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: ARRT (R) registry eligible, LSRT (New graduates can operate on a temporary state license through expiration of that license), CPR required.
- Education Graduate of an accredited Radiologic School
- Experience: One year of experience in MRI or one year employment in radiology at TUHC preferred.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Board Certified in Louisiana (LSRT). MRI certification is required within one year of hire date.
- Work schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday(11:00 am-7:30 pm) w/rotating call
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated MRI Tech like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.