New Grad Nurse Residency
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
New Grad Nurse Residency / Graduate Nurse Residency
Tulane Medical Center - New Orleans, LA
Start Dates: January and February 2023
Optional: $10K - $15K Sign on Bonus & $5K Relocation Assistance
Day & Night Shifts Available
Are you looking for a facility with state-of-the art technology, experienced highly skilled professionals that are willing to train you as you start your nursing career? Then Tulane Medical Center is the right place for you. Come step into an environment that will make a substantial difference for our patients and for yourself by jump starting your career with an innovative and comprehensive RN residency program such as our StaRN Program.
StaRN - Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
- ICU (Start Date: January)
- PACU (Start Date: January)
- ER (Start Date: February)
- Med/Surg (Start Date: February)
- Neuro Stepdown (Start Date: February)
- OR/Surgical Services (Start Date: February)
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based poster presentation.
During your residency, you’ll receive:
- Clinical instruction by subject matter experts
- State-of-the-art simulation training
- Scenarios developed and managed by clinical experts
- Interaction between facility leaders
- Continual support from a mentor and preceptor
- Monthly educational seminars
- Opportunities for training in specialty areas such as ER, OR and ICU
- Evidence-based capstone project
- Introduction and training to the EMR system for your facility.
As a nurse resident, you can expect to gain:
- Advanced clinical training in a specialty area
- A full-time position with BLS, ACLS, National Institute of Health Stroke Scale and Prevention Institute Certifications
- Support from a community of caring, experienced nurses
- Opportunities to advance your career in one of the largest health systems in the country
Full-Time Positions with Benefits:
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Health System, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make our benefits package truly customizable to meet your needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Assistance Program - $100 paid monthly towards outstanding student loans.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $5,250 in tax-free tuition reimbursement each calendar year for higher education courses (tuition, books and course-related fees – starts at 90 days of hire.
- 401K Plan - Facility provides a 100% annual match on your contribution* (from 3% to 9% of pay).
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Direct Deposit and employee discount program
- And lots more!
About Tulane Medical Center:
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2020-2021 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
- Graduated or graduating from an accredited school of nursing
- Obtain ATT letter to sit for licensure exam within the first 6 weeks of the residency program
- Or Louisiana temporary/permanent RN License or valid compact license from permanent state of residence.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
For more information on available shifts, salary, relocation assistance, sign on bonus, shift differentials etc., please contact Graduate Nurse Recruiter:
Yahti Wooten at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.