New Grad Nurse Residency - Lakeside
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
New Grad Nurse Residency / Graduate Nurse Residency
Tulane Lakeside Hospital - Metairie, LA
Start Dates: January and February 2023
Optional: $10K - $15K Sign on Bonus & $5K Relocation Assistance
Day & Night Shifts Available
Are you looking for a facility with state-of-the art technology, experienced highly skilled professionals that are willing to train you as you start your nursing career? Then Tulane Medical Center is the right place for you. Practicing on medicine’s leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every day with us. You will have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and in your field. Come step into an environment that will make a substantial difference for our patients and for you.
Come jump start your career with an innovative and comprehensive RN residency program such as our StaRN Program.
- ICU (Start Date: January)
- Women's Services & NICU (Start Date: January)
- ER (Start Date: February)
- Med/Surg (Start Date: February)
- Inpatient Rehab (February)
- OR/Surgical Services (Start Date: February)
Our Nurse Residency program is a year-long program comprised of two phases:
The first phase is the StaRN - Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses which includes a thorough 10-22 week orientation depending on your preffered specialty area and preceptorship on the unit.
The program provides a highly integrated and systemic approach to transitioning new graduate nurses by:
- Defining a comprehensive baseline set of measurements and outcomes, evidence-based structure, processes, and content with hands-on simulation training and classroom education
- Integrating, teaching, monitoring, and managing adherence to those standards
- Objectively evaluating success in achieving the RN residency goals
- The program will also provide introduction and training to the EMR system for your facility.
The second phase is YOUR Professional Development - Partner with a mentor, attending monthly seminars, and complete an evidence-based capstone project.
Full-Time Positions with Benefits:
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Health System, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make our benefits package truly customizable to meet your needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Assistance Program - $100 paid monthly towards outstanding student loans.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $5,250 in tax-free tuition reimbursement each calendar year for higher education courses (tuition, books and course-related fees – starts at 90 days of hire.
- 401K Plan - Facility provides a 100% annual match on your contribution* (from 3% to 9% of pay).
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Direct Deposit and employee discount program
- And lots more!
About Tulane Lakeside Hospital:
Tulane Lakeside Hospital is a 121-bed facility located in Metairie, Louisiana.For more than 40 years, the hospital has provided the knowledge, expertise and care vital to the healthcare needs of Jefferson Parish. The hospital provides leading-edge technology in many specialties including Women's Services, Surgical Services, and Inpatient Rehab.
- Graduated or graduating from an accredited school of nursing
- Obtain ATT letter to sit for licensure exam within the first 6 weeks of the residency program
- Or Louisiana temporary/permanent RN License or valid compact license from permanent state of residence.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
For more information on available shifts, salary, relocation assistance, sign on bonus, shift differentials etc., please contact Graduate Nurse Recruiter:
Yahti Wooten at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.