Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Nuclear Med Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Nuclear Med Techs are responsible for the administration of radioactive material to patients for diagnostic, therapeutic, or research purposes. Supports and helps to achieve department goals. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- A Nuclear Medicine Technologist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information.
- Is able to recognize patient condition, assesses and monitors patient vital signs, takes appropriate action in emergency situations essential for successful completion of procedures while maintaining quality patient care through the use of independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Posses, utilize, and maintain a high degree of accuracy and awareness of radiation safety principles and continually perform and assess quality control measures on equipment and procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy and physiology, chemistry, nuclear physics, mathematics, and pharmacology, as well as administer medications in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare, administer and document activities related to medications and radiation exposure in accordance to federal, state and institutional policies.
- Poses oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with both patients and others in the health care environment; critical thinking and decision making skills are required.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: NMTCB or ARRT (N), LSRT, CPR required.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology Program
- Experience: One year experience preferred, but not required.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
- This will be to help with general and cardiology and to help pick up some call which is mostly for general.
- Work Schedule: PRN
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Nuclear Med Tech like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.