Nurse Navigator - Chest Pain Coordinator
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Cardiology Cath Lab Nurse Navigator (Chest Pain Coordinator)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Cardiology Cath Lab Nurse Navigator/Chest Pain Coordinator today with Tulane Medical Center.
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
About this Role
The Cardiology Cath Lab Nurse Navigator acts as a consultant, facilitator, practitioner and educator to the CV/IR population of the combined CV/IR interventional Program. Responsibilities include education of patient, family and staff providing care to the patient, coordination of all aspects of care, advocacy on behalf of the patient, communication with all appropriate team members , with the patient and family where appropriate, and serve as a resource to staff caring for the patient.
Primary Job Duties
- Coordinates the patient care process, assessments, education, admissions, discharges and follow-up needs across the continuum of care.
- Identifies and coordinates educational needs for the patient, family and staff of the assigned patient population.
- Participates in educational development of patient, family, staff and community as directed in support of hospital/department goals.
- Maintains continuous communication with the referring physicians, team physicians, staff members, case managers and any other necessary personnel. Provides necessary clinical information required for pre-authorization by 3rd party payers and validates that pre-authorization is complete.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Serve as an essential link between patients and all other care providers.
- Facilitate appointments for consults and support services within established service standards, including social workers, dieticians, psychologists, physician, etc.
- Develop patient educational materials related to the Navigator Program
- Adhere to established productivity benchmarks
- Responsible for outreach efforts to establish and maintain positive working relations with key customers (physicians, office, staff, radiology staff, etc.)
Our Cardiovascular Services range from but are not limited to the following:
- Diagnostic Heart Caths
- Interventional Heart Caths
- TAVR, TMVR, Watchman and Cardiomems
- Opportunity to coordinate patient care among multiple departments including Cardiovascular PACU, Cath Lab OR, anesthesia, CT, echo hospital units
About Tulane's Cath Lab :
- 6 state-of-the-art procedure rooms
- Tulane's innovative Cath Lab specializes in Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Pulmonary, Neurointerventional Radiology, Electrophysiology, and TAVR procedures
- Opportunity to work alongside Tulane's award winning Cardiovascular Services team while caring for patients before, during, after interventional procedures
- Tulane Medical Center Cath Lab has received the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain – MI Registry Silver Performance Achievement Award for 2021
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana RN license and CPR/ACLS/PALS certification(s). Cardiac/Vascular certification required within 1 year of hire.
- Education: Bachelor of Nursing.
- Experience: 5 years of experience in clinical area of assignment. Requires excellent leadership, organizational, written, and verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work in a self-directed environment with an ability to lead teams. Excellent presentation skills. Requires problem solving, decision making and critical thinking.
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.