Outpatient Geriatric Internist Opportunity at Tulane Medical Center
Internal Medicine Geriatric Medicine
Family Medicine Geriatric Medicine
Job Summary:Tulane University School of Medicine and the Section of General Internal Medicine (GIM) and Geriatrics is seeking a BC/BE geriatrician.
- Must be hard working, experienced, and results driven for program growth, education, and academic research within the section of GIM and geriatrics
- Ideal candidate must have the ability to work as part of a professional team and to collaborate effectively with individuals within the university as well as outside contractors
- Ability to employ process and quality improvement techniques
- Applicant must have skill in the understanding of, and sensitivity to, persons of all social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Experience and interest in student and resident education is preferred
- Geriatric fellowship required
- Must be board certified or board eligible in internal medicine
- Eligible for a medical license in the state of Louisiana
- CDS and DEA also required
- Position does not qualify for any visa sponsorship
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
- This is an unparalleled opportunity to participate in the growth and expansion of Tulane’s medical services in New Orleans. Tulane boasts a top-ranked School of Public Health, an active research Center of Aging, and is a major participating partner with the Louisiana Cancer Research Center, University Medical Center-New Orleans, and the Southeastern Veterans Affairs Healthcare Center, all located within immediate proximity to the downtown School of Medicine.
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.