Patient Care Technician
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Care Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Patient Care Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
A Patient Care Technician’s main role is to provide basic care to patients, as well as assist them with things they might have trouble with on their own, such as bathing. Because of the personal nature of the job, a Patient Care Technician has strong people skills and the ability to be compassionate and enjoy helping others.
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
Shift: Days, 7am-7pm, rotating weekends
- Assists patients with personal hygiene.
- Transfers and ambulates patients using appropriate body mechanics in moving, lifting, or tuning patient.
- Prepares patient for meals, feeds, and documents as required.
- Attends to comfort of patients.
- Maintains patient care area according to unit standards including making beds, distributing/disposing of linens, returning equipment, keeping hallways free of equipment/trays.
- Assists in the performance of more complicated treatments, diagnostic procedures and physical examinations as per instructions from registered nurse and with documented competency.
- Reports pertinent patient information to Nurse(s) according to established guidelines.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Completion of a nursing assistant program preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in adult patient care required.
- Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Work Hours: Days, 7am-7pm, rotating weekends