Patient Safety Attendant
Patient Safety Attendant - Tulane Downtown
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Safety Attendant you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Patient Safety Attendant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
A Patient Safety Attendant will provide continuous observation of patients who have the potential for or who have demonstrated behaviors that put them at risk for injury. Major Duties: Observes the patient(s) at all times. Maintains a safe environment. Reports any changes in condition or any concerns immediately. Performs any appropriate duties as delegated by Registered Nurses (toileting, turning, grooming, feeding, ambulating). Required to sit with PEC/CEC patients. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room.
- Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient’s normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
- Monitors patient physical and emotional condition. Reports any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient.
- Intervenes as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seeks immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
- Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and activity during the shift.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as needed when not providing direct patient observation.
- Assists nursing staff with tasks such as transporting patients, delivering equipment and supplies, transporting specimens, delivering patient trays, answering phones, and assisting visitors.
- Current BLS certification required. CPI training completed within 90 days.
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Safety Attendant like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.