DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Pharmacy Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Tulane Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Pharmacy Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Pharmacy Technicians assist licensed pharmacists with the preparation and distribution of prescription medications. In a hospital setting, the pharmacy technician helps fill orders for patients and ensures that they are delivered to the right units. They also help the pharmacist ensure that the pharmacy has the right amount of stock to meet patient needs.
- The Tulane Lakeside Pharmacy Department services the needs of our inpatient, emergency room, surgical, NICU, and ICU patients
- Opportunity to join a collaborative team to provide excellent pharmaceutical care
- Leadership and staff are positive, supportive, and engaged
- Receives and checks in medication and supplies by packing slip/purchase order/or invoice
- Maintains records of all prepackaged and compounded medications in accordance with all local and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the prompt and accurate processing of physician's orders to facilitate printing of medication/sterile products labels and reports as needed for patient care.
- Accurately compounds and dispenses sterile products by following Aseptic compounding of sterile products in compliance with USP Chapter 797 and established policies and procedures.
- Performs proper documentation of compounding of sterile preparations batched for single or multiple patient usage.
- Ensures medications/sterile products are prepared as scheduled, checked by a pharmacist and delivered accurately on a timely basis.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the dispensing of medications and controlled drugs to automated dispensing systems (i.e. Pyxis). Ensure that medication pick, refill and delivery through automated dispensing systems is done accurately, timely and according to established schedules and guidelines. Automated dispensing systems include meditations and anesthesia carts located throughout patient care, surgical and procedures areas.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Current Technician Registration Certificate from the Louisiana State Board of Pharmacy acquired within 90 days, or current Intern certificate from the Louisiana State Board of Pharmacy.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrated competence surrounding pharmaceutical terminology
- Effective decision making skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform in a high-stress environment
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mixed shifts
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.