Pharmacy Technician PRN
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Pharmacy Technician PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Pharmacy Technician PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under supervision, performs a variety of technical duties related to preparing and dispensing drugs in accordance with standards procedures and techniques. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Set up, package, dispense and deliver unit dose medication in accordance with standard procedures and techniques; mix prescribed drugs with intravenous solutions and prefil syringes as assigned under supervision of a pharmacist.
- Replenish drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies on patient care units and/or Clinics; keep records on narcotics and control drug distribution.
- File prescriptions, price drugs and prepare and maintain patient profile records.
- Set up, prepare and package standard bulk formulations as directed.
- Stock supplies and assists in taking inventory.
- Acts in capacity of Pharmacy Buyer as trained and assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certification by the State of Louisiana required within 180 days of employment. If not certified upon hire, registration for work permit with LA Pharmacy Board within 30 days of employment and evidence of intent to obtain certification within 60 days of employment (See Chapter 8 of LABP regulations)
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 1-year post-graduate community/institutional pharmacy experience preferred.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understanding of computer systems and pharmacy technology desirable.
- Work schedule: PRN
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Technician PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.