Prospective Payment System Coordinator(PPS Coord)
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
At Tulane Lakeside Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a PPS Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
The IRF PPS Coordinator functions under the Rehab Program Director. Provides coordination for the timely and accurate completion of the Patient Assessment Instrument for each rehabilitation inpatient. This individual provides clinical support in completion of data contained in the PAI for each patient to ensure accuracy in the scoring of functional status and reflection of the patient’s care needs. In addition, this position may assist in the ongoing monitoring of identified benchmarks for the inpatient population. The IRF PAI Coordinator will have access to confidential patient information and maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Thoroughly researches clinical documentation for evidence of co-morbid conditions. Verifies accuracy of coding under direction of attending Rehab physician.
- Responsible for staff education to improve Quality Indicator scoring accuracy.
- Reviews clinical documentation and makes recommendations to clinical supervisors in areas needing improvement to support and validate rehab criteria compliance.
- Oversees/completes and ensures the accuracy and the completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) prior to electronic transmission.
- Serves as an information source and educator to IRF-PAI users.
- Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team members to make the most accurate assessment of the needs and strengths of patients.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the PAI software and provides expertise on this software within the inpatient rehab setting.
- Provides ongoing education to the staff of the hospital to ensure accurate and timely completion of the PAI.
- Maintain updated and ongoing knowledge of the regulations concerning the PAI and its completion within the inpatient rehab setting.
- Verifies appropriate CMG designation through chart review, staff interview and collaboration with Rehab Medical Director
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: State licensure as an RN, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparing Registered Nurses or Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy or Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in rehabilitation preferred. Ability to operate basic computer and data management software
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete Uniform Data System’s QI credentialing exam within 90 days of hire.
- Work Schedule: Inpatient Rehab - Full-time - Monday-Friday - Day shift
For more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery. HCA Healthcare acquired Lakeside Hospital for Women in 1964, building a 94-bed facility in Metairie, outside New Orleans. In 2005, Lakeside merged with Tulane Medical Center, changing its name to Tulane Lakeside Hospital.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated PAI Coordinator like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.