Do you have the career opportunities as a Radiation Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Radiation Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Radiation Therapist performs radiation therapy using ionizing radiation in accordance with the prescription and instructions of the Radiation Oncologist. Fabricate blocks, contours and immobilization devices. Keep treatment records and prepares operational reports as required. Maintain, stores and orders supplies and equipment. Verifies accuracy of treatment set-ups, maintains treatment records and facilitated equipment operation and maintenance.
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Administers external beam, electron and photon energy, to patients in accordance witht he prescription and instructions of the Radiation Oncologist
- Conduct simulation including CT-based simulation.
- Perform port films to be used in radiation therapy delivery.
- Review beam films daily
- Perform quality assurance and maintains log. Report any discrepancies to the physicist.
- Document clearly and completely, noting any reactions, changes, films taken and treatments given.
- Fabricate blocks and immobilization devices .
- Process appropriate charges on patients for treatment delivery purposes.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Registered by the American Registry of Radiololgic Technologists. LA License for Radiation Therapy
- Education: Graduate of AMA accredited school of Radiation Therapy
- Experience: Experiece with computers, calculators, block cutter and immobilization devices.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Familiar with Impact Computer System,
- Work schedule: Cancer Center Clinic - Full-time - Monday-Friday(8:00 am-4:30 pm)
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Radiation Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.