Registered Nurse - Cancer Center Clinic
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At LCMC Health, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. Our people are the magic ingredient! Jump-start your career as a(an) Registered Nurse - Cancer Center Clinic today with Tulane Medical Center.
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
· Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
· Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
· Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
· 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
· Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
· Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
· Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
· Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
· Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
· Colleague recognition program
· Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
· Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Registered Nurse - Cancer Center Clinic. We care for our community! We are committed to leading the way to a healthier future for the Gulf Coast. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Tulane Cancer Center RN acts as a consultant, facilitator, practitioner, and educator to a variety of patient populations requiring all services of the Tulane Cancer Center. Responsibilities include utilizing the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care. The Tulane Cancer Center RN is responsible for: the delivery and management of patient care; education of the patient, family and coordination of all aspects of care amongst internal and external facilities. The Tulane Cancer Center RN also advocates on behalf of the patient, communicates with all appropriate team members and with the patient and family where appropriate, and serves as a resource for all clinicians caring for the patient.
What qualifications you will need:
· Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
· Registered Nurse license in state of Louisiana, or compact licensure
· OCN and ONS Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Provider must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
· BSN preferred; if currently ADN will have 4 years to complete BSN requirement
· Previous oncology experience preferred
· Hours of work: M-F day shift
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
We're a New Orleans-based, non-profit health system on a mission: to give the best possible care for every person and parish in Louisiana and beyond, and to put a little more heart and soul into healthcare along the way. And that means we do things a little differently around here.
Treating people like family is the LCMC Health way, and it always has been. Founded by Louisiana's first freestanding children's hospital, we've grown into a healthcare system that's built to serve the unique needs of our communities and families.
Today, we offer nine hospital locations: Children's Hospital New Orleans, East Jefferson General Hospital, New Orleans East Hospital, Touro, University Medical Center New Orleans, West Jefferson Medical Center, Lakeview Regional Medical Center, Lakeview Hospital and Tulane Medical Center. We offer a network of urgent care centers across the greater New Orleans area. With physicians specializing in everything from head to toe, our community can count on us to provide the right care, right where they need it.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse - Cancer Center Clinic opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.