Registered Nurse - Chemotherapy Infusion Suite
Registered Nurse (RN) - Chemotherapy Infusion Suite (Cancer Center)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as an Infusion nurse today with Tulane Medical Center.
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
Infusion nurses are experts at providing compassionate care and support to patients that have cancer. They monitor patients after surgery, administer chemotherapy, and help patients to access resources needed to ease their journey. They work in a variety of settings – including hospitals, clinics, and transplant units.
About the Infusion Center:
- Opportunity to provide compassionate care to oncology patients by administering chemotherapy, immunotherapies & biologics
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
What Qualifications You Must Have:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure, Current BLS, Active ONS & OCN preferred; ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- Education: Bachelors of Science degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in area of expertise with demonstrated unit leadership ability.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills required. Ability to manage a team and work with others to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.