Registered Nurse - Oncology - BMT
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as an Inpatient BMT nurse today with Tulane Medical Center.
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
Bone Marrow Transplant nurses are specialized Oncology nurses that are experts at providing compassionate care and support to patients with blood cancer. They monitor patients before and after transplants, administer chemotherapy, and help patients to access resources needed to ease their journey.
About this unit:
- 16-bed Bone Marrow Transplant unit, part of the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network
- Recognized as a Top HCA Unit of Distinction in 2020
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Opportunity to provide compassionate, specialized pre- and post-transplant care to patients
The BMT RN acts as a consultant, facilitator, practitioner, and educator to a variety of patient populations requiring all services of the Tulane Cancer Center. Responsibilities include utilizing the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care. The BMT RN is responsible for: the delivery and management of patient care; education of the patient, family and coordination of all aspects of care amongst internal and external facilities. The BMT RN also advocates on behalf of the patient, communicates with all appropriate team members and with the patient and family where appropriate, and serves as a resource for all clinicians caring for the patient.
What Qualifications You Must Have:
· Current Louisiana Licensure as a Registered Nurse or compact RN license from permanent state of residence authorizing practice in Louisiana, ACLS, both ONS and OCN Certification required within 1 year of employment. Current BCLS certification required. (Existing staff will have 1 year to complete the above requirements)
· Bachelor of Nursing degree required, if currently ADN will have 4yrs to complete BSN requirement.
· One year of oncology practice preferred by not required.
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.