Registered Respiratory Therapist
Do you have the career opportunities as a Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At Tulane Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
How we build better communities
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Respiratory Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Respiratory therapy is best described as the assessment and treatment of patients with both acute and chronic dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system. Today’s respiratory therapists have demanding responsibilities related to patient care and serve as vital members of the healthcare team.
Respiratory therapists must have a broad knowledge of the pathophysiology of the cardiopulmonary system and the complex procedures required to properly diagnose and treat patients, from the very young to the very old.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
- Dynamic Departmental Duties
The Staff Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) provides therapeutic, diagnostic, and emergency services in the critical and acute care setting related to care of the airway and cardiopulmonary system under physician direction. Scope of service includes managing equipment, performing assessments, providing patient care, and educating the patient, family and staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical gas administration and aerosol therapy
- Obtaining and analyzing blood specimens
- Operating and maintaining various respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment
- Maintain artificial airways, provide mechanical ventilation and assist with CPR as needed
- Provide patient education
- Assess equipment function and monitor patient response to therapy
- NBRC credentials and licensed by LSBME as a Registered Respiratory Therapist; current CPR/BCLS required, ACLS and PALS required within 1 year.
- Graduate of JCRCE accredited Registered Respiratory Therapist entry level program.
- Minimum one year post graduate clinical experience preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Night shift(7:00 pm-7:00 am) w/rotating weekends & holidays
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.