RN Bariatric Coordinator - Downtown
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At LCMC Health, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. Our people are the magic ingredient! Jump-start your career as an RN Bariatric Coordinator - Lakeside today with Tulane Medical Center.
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as an RN Bariatric Coordinator - Lakeside. We care for our community! We are committed to leading the way to a healthier future for the Gulf Coast. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Under the general direction of the Director of Operations, manages the Bariatric program, provides nursing leadership for assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care of assigned area(s) with twenty-four (24) hour accountability. Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team members to meet patient and family needs, develop guidelines, implement necessary research, monitor patient outcomes, market the product line, develop and implement successful initiatives to grow volume in the designated program. Ensures the program and facility meet all the Standards of Center of Excellence in order to apply and maintain certification. Manages all data quality input in order to meet the standards for certification. Manages resources in a fiscally responsible manner. Supports the hospital mission in accordance with regulatory standards
- Prepares application for MBSAQIP accreditation. Including coordinating site visit by planning for meeting space, scheduling location visits, meeting with faculty and staff, chart reviews and acting as the resource to the site reviewer
- Coordinating with the Operating Room, Admitting Department and inpatient personnel to obtain data as well as prepare regular reports.
- Provides comprehensive preoperative education to all patients and continuing education for staff (nursing and ancillary departments)
- Organizes and maintains all programs and materials for Support Group and Seminars.
- Oversees Bariatric data collection management and utilization for MBSAQIP accreditation
- Co-Chairs and attends Quality Improvement Meetings and works closely with the MBS to create MCBSAQIP Committee agendas, including but not limited to SAR (Semi-Annual Reports), Non-adjusted risk reports, all post op occurrences, re-operations, and readmissions within 30 days and Quality Improvement Projects.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Bariatric Certified Preferred.
- 3 years of clinical nursing experience. Program and/or project management experience preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
We're a New Orleans-based, non-profit health system on a mission: to give the best possible care for every person and parish in Louisiana and beyond, and to put a little more heart and soul into healthcare along the way. And that means we do things a little differently around here.
Treating people like family is the LCMC Health way, and it always has been. Founded by Louisiana's first freestanding children's hospital, we've grown into a healthcare system that's built to serve the unique needs of our communities and families.
Today, we offer nine hospital locations: Children's Hospital New Orleans, East Jefferson General Hospital, New Orleans East Hospital, Touro, University Medical Center New Orleans, West Jefferson Medical Center, Lakeview Regional Medical Center, Lakeview Hospital and Tulane Medical Center. We offer a network of urgent care centers across the greater New Orleans area. With physicians specializing in everything from head to toe, our community can count on us to provide the right care, right where they need it.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN Bariatric Coordinator - Lakeside opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.