RN Director Cancer Center
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Director of the Cancer Center today with Tulane Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Director of the Cancer Center like you to be a part of our team.
- Directs, administers and controls all activities of oncology service programs operations within the guidelines of established hospital policies in order to provide high quality health care services to our patients.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with operating budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Maintains effective communications with hospital administration, medical staff, the community, and all levels of clinic employees.
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Promotes the development of oncology services both internally and externally. Approx. 60% of time is spent with operations and 40% in Business Development.
- Oversees and directs departmental activities to ensure quality services for both internal and external customers.
- Serves as a resource to, and collaborates with others to advance the hospital mission.
- Have 7-day-a-week, 24-hour-a-day "bottom line" responsibility for a significant component of the hospital's operations.
- Accountable for financial operations and implementation of hospital (and service line) goals within their area of responsible.
- Participate in strategic planning for the hospital and/or service line of which they are a part.
- Accountable for quality/patient safety.
- Strongly recommended certification relevant to occupational field.
- Bachelor's degree required or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may be considered. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in occupational field.
- Experience with oversight of administrative residencies and/or internships within an oncology program preferred.
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.