Section Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Tulane Medical Center
Tulane Medical Center New Orleans, LA Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on May 27, 2022
Job Summary:The Department of Medicine at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA is seeking a Section Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Candidate must be an innovative and visionary leader who will work closely with the Chair of the Department of Medicine and the leadership of Tulane School of Medicine
- Accomplished academician and clinician with an M.D. from an accredited medical school, current board certification in gastroenterology
- Eligible for licensure in Louisiana
- Appropriate academic qualifications for appointment at the rank of tenured Associate Professor or Professor required
- Experience required in developing and leading clinical programs with a strong program in clinical or laboratory-based research and a record of innovative and effective administrative experience
- Ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse academic environment
- Will serve as a key liaison with gastroenterologists throughout the state
- Strong record of achievement in research, patient care, and teaching.
- Must have expertise in general gastroenterology, hepatology, liver transplantation, advanced therapeutic endoscopy, neurogastroenterology, motility, and cancer genetics
- Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.