Senior Cath Lab Tech
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Senior Cath Lab Tech with Tulane Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Cath Lab Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Senior Special Procedure Radiologic Technologist is a specialized and highly trained professional technologist who supervises and coordinates the daily operations in the Cath Lab in conjunction with all five service lines: Interventional Radiology, Cardiology, Neuroendovascular, Electrophysiology, and Endovascular. Able to perform high quality diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular and radiologic procedures demonstrating advanced technical skills and ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures. Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of PACS and all facility information systems. Assists management with staff supervisory responsibilities and intervenes with staff to resolve complaints and issues. Performs safety and quality assurance on all procedural equipment, maintains and supervises cleaning of all procedural equipment. Manages annual physicist inspections. S/he help support and achieve departmental goals and perform other duties that may benefit the department or facility.
- Assists with all cardiac and radiologic invasive procedures according to established department policies and procedures
- Acts as an assistant to the physician during invasive radiologic procedures.
- Helps maintain appropriate patient flow and ensures safe delivery of quality services in the department.
- Assists Cath Lab Nurse Manager with job performance reviews for special procedure techs in the department.
- Ability to lift or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.
- Monitors and accurately documents patient’s hemodynamic parameters and vital signs during procedures.
- Processes films.
- Promotes/practices cost containment.
- Supervises all patient case related charges and coordinates accurate billing oversight.
- Provides instruction to patient/family.
- Maintains professional standards by participating in in-services, committees, staff meetings and performance improvement activities.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: ARRT (R) and current Louisiana Licensure as a Radiologic Technologist (LSRT). Current CPR certification required. ACLS Certification required within 1 year of employment. Cardiac Interventionist (CI) certification is preferred.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparing Radiologic Technologists. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing Education and skills competency.
- Experience: Five years of prior experience as a Special Procedures or Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist and supervisory experience is required.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both oral and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Keeps abreast of all new technical and theoretical concepts and disseminates departmental information. Introduces and demonstrates new techniques to staff. Serves as a preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff, residents and fellows. Functions as a liaison between physicians, technologists, and department support staff. Proficient use of all service line equipment and supplies, including, but not limited to: Siemens Artis Zee Bi-plane C-Arm system, Phillips Allura Single and Bi-plane C-Arm systems, MAC LAB system, intracoronary ultrasound, all diagnostic and interventional equipment, including but not limited to IMPELLA, IABP, IVUS, FFR, IFR, Penumbra, Trevo, Solitaire wire, balloons, stents, arthrectomy devices, laser, CTO, sterile table prep and room set up. Demonstrates effective management of all departmental supply purchases, productivity and quality of service. Ensures prompt and efficient performance of all procedures. Ability to work in stressful environment. RCIS certification is recommended.
- Work schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday(7:00 am-3:30 pm) w/call
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Senior Cath Lab Tech opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.