Surgical Technician - Lakeside Campus
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Surgical Technician - Lakeside Campus with Tulane Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Surgical Technician - Lakeside Campus to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, assists the surgical and nursing staff before, during and after operative procedures. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Escorts or transports surgical patients to and from the operating room which may require applying appropriate transfer techniques.
- Sets up the operating room with supplies and equipment according to the requirements of the scheduled case and physician’s preference card.
- Promotes and maintains a sterile environment in all job assignments.
- Performs scrubbing and circulating duties as directed.
- Performs assigned operating room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certification in Surgical Technology preferred.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology.
- Experience: One year experience as an OR Technician preferred.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Current CPR Certification required.
- Work schedule: Lakeside Campus - Full-time - Monday-Friday - Day shift w/rotating weekday & weekend call
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Surgical Technician - Lakeside Campus opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.