Ultrasound Technologist - Lakeside Campus
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As an Ultrasound Technologist with Tulane Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Ultrasound Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Performs high quality ultrasound procedures, focusing on patient care and education. Supports and helps achieve departmental goals. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- An ultrasound technologist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information. Is able to recognize patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedures while maintaining quality patient care through the use of independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in positioning and scan technique; possess, utilize and maintain knowledge about safety and current scanning protocols.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. In addition, must be competent in the production, use, and recognition of ultrasound images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Must remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Able to think critically and use independent, professional and ethical judgment in all aspects of their work.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: RDMS preferred. CPR required
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program
- Experience: One year experience preferred, but not required.
- Special qualifications: Ability to perform abdominal, OB/GYN, small parts, as well as vascular (abdominal) diagnostic ultrasound procedures. Registered by ARDMS within 1 year of hire date.
- Work schedule: OB GYN Clinic - Full-time - Monday-Friday - No call, No weekends
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Ultrasound Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.