Ultrasound Technologist - Lakeside Campus - PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Ultrasound Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Lakeside Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Lakeside Hospital we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Ultrasound Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Ultrasound Tech performs high quality ultrasound procedures, focusing on patient care and education. Supports and help achieve departmental goals. Performs all other duties as assigned.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- An ultrasound technologist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information. Is able to recognize patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedures while maintaining quality patient care through the use of independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in positioning and scan technique; possess, utilize and maintain knowledge about safety and current scanning protocols.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. In addition, must be competent in the production, use, and recognition of ultrasound images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Must remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Able to think critically and use independent, professional and ethical judgment in all aspects of their work.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: CPR, registry eligible
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program
- Experience: One year experience preferred, but not required.
- Special qualifications: Ability to perform abdominal, OB/GYN, small parts, as well as vascular (abdominal) diagnostic ultrasound procedures. Registered by ARDMS within 1 year of hire date.
- Work schedule: PRN
For more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery. HCA Healthcare acquired Lakeside Hospital for Women in 1964, building a 94-bed facility in Metairie, outside New Orleans. In 2005, Lakeside merged with Tulane Medical Center, changing its name to Tulane Lakeside Hospital.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Ultrasound Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.