Uptown Multispecialty Clinic Practice Manager
Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Uptown Multispecialty Clinic Practice Manager where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our Tulane Medical Center team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.
Tulane Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Uptown Multispecialty Clinic Practice Manager where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Responsible for planning, developing, organizing, implementing and directing the day-to-day functions of the clinics and its programs and activities.
- Implementation of written policies and procedures that govern the operations of the clinics.
- Conducts performance evaluations for staff positions.
- Interprets the practice’s policies and procedures to employees, patients, family members, government agencies, etc., as necessary.
- Reviews the practice’s policies and procedures periodically, at least annually, and makes recommendations to assure continued compliance with current regulations.
- Consults with Director and staff concerning practice operations, problem solving and service improvement.
- Makes written and oral reports and recommendations to leadership concerning the operations of the clinics.
- Maintains an adequate liaison with patients.
- Ensures that public information describing the services provided is accurate and fully descriptive.
- Reviews and develops a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provides a written copy of such plan to leadership.
- Makes routine inspections of the practices to assure that established policies and procedures are being implemented and followed.
- Maintains a good public relations program that serves the best interest of the practice and the community alike.
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with the medical profession, providers, and other health related facilities and organizations.
- Assists in setting the tone and atmosphere of the practice and creating a Healthy Work Environment.
- Assumes the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability of directing the activities and programs of the market/division.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of practice budget.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, and hires practice personnel, supervisors and staff members.
- Reviews and checks competence of work force and makes necessary adjustments/corrections as instructed by leadership.
- Assures that an adequate number of appropriately trained professionals and personnel are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the patients.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: None required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in health or business administration or related field preferred.
- Experience: Five to seven years management experience in clinic setting. Master’s degree program with one year experiential component can be substituted for actual clinic management experience.
- Special Qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Tulane Medical Center is a 235+ bed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 World’s Best Hospitals found in the United States. We were the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. We are equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If this is the kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the Uptown Multispecialty Clinic Practice Manager role. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.