DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Urology Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Urology Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Performs all Urology procedures and specialized Urodynamic studies according to established department protocols.
- Through didactic and supervised practice this person has acquired the knowledge and developed skills for: providing urinary catheterizations, ultrasonic bladder scanning, urinary drainage tube irrigations, and reinforcement of home-going education related to self-catheterization or urinary drainage tube irrigations.
- Prepares, positions, transfers and informs patients.
- Documents and maintains records of examinations/procedures.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned IS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and exam/procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Functions as the asset to the clinical staff, which includes education, training, and evaluation of competencies.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current CUA (Certified Urologic Associate) certification required within 2 years of start date. CPR certification required.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in Urology required.
- Special qualifications: Past training and leadership experience strongly recommended related to occupational field. Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
- Work Schedule: Urology Clinic - Full-time - Monday-Friday(8:00 am-4:30 pm)
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Urology Technician like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.