Vascular Ultrasound Technologist
Do you have the career opportunities as a Vascular Ultrasound Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Tulane Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Tulane Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Vascular Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Vascular Tech performs high quality ultrasound procedures, focusing on patient care and education. Supports and helps achieve departmental goals. Performs all other duties as assigned.
A Vascular Ultrasound Technologist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information. Is able to recognize patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedures while maintaining quality patient care through the use of independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in positioning and scan technique; possess, utilize and maintain knowledge about safety and current scanning protocols.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. In addition, must be competent in the production, use, and recognition of ultrasound images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Must remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Able to think critically and use independent, professional and ethical judgment in all aspects of their work.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The vascular ultrasound technologist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information. Performs high quality ultrasound procedures , focusing on patient care and education. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What qualifications you will need:
- CPR, registry eligible
- Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program
- One year vascular ultrasound experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to perform Vascular Diagnostic Ultrasound procedures.
- Registered by ARDMS or CCI within 1 year of hire date
- Work Shift as scheduled. Employee is required to rotate on-call nights, weekends and holidays
With 235+ beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Vascular Tech like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.