Clinical Research Coordinator III
The primary responsibility of the Clinical Research Coordinator III is to manage all aspects of conducting clinical trials and other epidemiological studies. The Clinical Research Coordinator III is required to have an in-depth knowledge of protocol requirements and good clinical practices as set forth by federal regulations.
As the primary resource for the protocol, the Clinical Research Coordinator III acts as a liaison between the patient, investigator, collaborators, Institutional Review Board and sponsor as well as the following:
- Supervises and directs the activities of workers engaged in clinical research project to ensure compliance with protocols and overall clinical objectives.
- Recruits, screens, enrolls and follows study patients, and performs and supervises the associated data collection, entry, and quality control activities, ensuring protocol compliance and close patient monitoring, and works independently in designing, coordinating, and implementing all assigned research projects.
- Is responsible for all data and source documentation, adverse event reporting and maintenance of complete regulatory files.
- Trains other staff in conducting, and may also perform as needed, simple procedures (spirometry, exhaled nitric oxide, vital signs, etc.), as well as laboratory processing, as called for by the study protocol(s).
- Serves as a key management and administrative role for all clinical research projects conducted in a department by supervising Clinical Research staff to ensure compliance with protocol, federal, and institutional requirements.