Research Assistant, AFFIRM
Tulane University New Orleans, LA Full-time Research
Posted on February 4, 2024
Project AFFIRM is seeking a part-time employee (20 hours/week) to assist with recruitment and data collection for a study of identity development, minority stress, resilience, mental health, and risk for cardiovascular disease in the Atlanta trans and nonbinary community. Responsibilities include:
• Contacting local health and community organizations that serve trans and nonbinary communities.
• Identifying community leaders and advocates who can advise or assist with recruitment.
• Innovating recruitment opportunities, events, and collaborations and disseminating promotional materials.
• Administering the eligibility survey to potential participants or guiding them in self-administration.
• Scheduling and conducting interviews with eligible participants.
• Distributing study devices to participants, training participants to use devices, and maintaining device inventory.
• Tracking participant enrollment, progress, and completion.
This position will require some defined weekday hours and is largely flexible otherwise. Some weekday evening and weekend hours may be necessary. Physical demands may include car and/or plane travel as needed, carrying and transporting of study materials up to 10 lbs., and sitting or standing for consecutive hours.