Senior Student and Employer Advisor
Tulane University New Orleans, LA Full-time Education
Posted on August 30, 2023
The Newcomb-Tulane College Career Service’s vision is to empower students through their unique career journeys equitably. The Senior Student & Employer Advisor assists students in building resilience to prepare them for employment in a rapidly changing world. The foundation of services is guiding and assisting students to:
- Identify strengths and interests
- Understand change and transition
- Develop professionalism in school and the workplace
- Understand and pursue professional opportunities
- Identify and leverage personal connections
- Coach students early on in their academic careers through their senior year in career and professional development through exploring career pathways to pursuing and engaging in career opportunities
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with a variety of stakeholders for maximum mutual benefit
- Design programs and activities that help students develop professionally through providing career and development information, simulated learning activities, and industry connections
- Collect data, provide analysis, and communicate outcomes to Center Leadership and stakeholders
- Research, identify, recruit, enlist and retain employers to hire Tulane students
- Provide unmatchable customer service to current and prospective employers by assisting them in all recruitment and hiring needs: on-campus interviewing, web access, résumé referrals, online job listings, career fairs, on-campus visibility, employer of the day mock interviews, interaction with faculty, etc.
This person will work in an innovative, collaborative, team-based environment committed to excellence and being “best in class,” excellent customer service, personal and professional development, and the belief that innovation leads to transformation. The competitive candidate will have experience assisting students in accomplishing their goals, assisting employers in hiring students, building, maintaining, and leveraging relationships, and understanding how to incorporate traditional and emerging career development theories and practices into an integrated campus service delivery model.