TNPRC Summer Veterinary Program
The Tulane National Primate Research Center (TNPRC) offers a nine week Summer Veterinary Program to a limited number of veterinary students.
Successful program candidates are paired with a TNPRC faculty veterinarian and are exposed to all aspects of diagnostic and clinical veterinary medicine including breeding colony health surveillance, research support, clinical nonhuman primate medicine, surgery, pathology, and regulatory compliance. At the end of the program, students will be expected to present a short case report to the Center’s faculty and staff.
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
- Program Date: June 2, 2023 - August 4, 2023 (9 weeks)
Attendance is required for the 9 week duration, only apply if you can make this commitment.
If uncertainty around Covid-19 continues into 2023 we will reassess and inform applicants before the Program's start date.
- Completion of the first, second or third year of veterinary school. Preference is given to students in the second and third years.
- Motivated to learn laboratory animal medicine, specifically nonhuman primate medicine and surgery in a research setting.
- Can arrange their own transportation and housing
TNPRC is in Covington, a small town 39 miles north of New Orleans. There is neither public transportation nor sidewalks/bicycle paths in the surrounding area.
- Successful candidates will receive $17.31 per hour (based on 37.5 hour work week) for duration of the Program.
All documents should be in .pdf format and addressed to the Program Coordinator
- The following documents are to be emailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official transcript(s)- Request the University/College to email directly.
- Two letters of recommendation- from faculty and/or peers at current/previous institution/workplace addressed to "The Program Coordinator"
- Upload the following document to the online application
- Cover letter outlining career goals, Please include current email address and cell phone number.
- Resume, including academic awards, significant accomplishments and participation in organizations.
Questions? Email: email@example.com
For more information on TNPRC training programs visit: http://www.tnprc.tulane.edu/training.html