Venture Capital Analyst
Tulane University New Orleans, LA Full-time Accounting
Posted on November 7, 2023
The Venture Capital Analyst is a member of the Tulane University Innovation Institute (TUII) team and serves in the Vitalize community pillar, reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Community and Industry Partnerships. TUII is designed to bridge the gap between university research and industry, catalyzing the conversion of Tulane’s world-class research into technologies, products, and university spinouts with real-world impact as well as supports the broader community in innovation and entrepreneurship programming.
The Venture Capital Analyst will be integrally involved in all aspects of developing, creating, and managing the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) Seed Fund Program for the Tulane Ventures team.
The Venture Capital Analyst will be provide support in all aspects of executing the seed fund’s investment strategy. The Tulane Ventures Seed Fund will invest in seed stage innovation businesses across Louisiana. The focus is fostering a start-up ecosystem that creates new opportunities for under represented and women entrepreneurs to build and scale meaningful businesses in Louisiana. Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
● Analysis of market and technology trends
● Research, identify, and source new deal flow
● Preparation of due diligence on new investments opportunities including market research, competitive analysis, and financial modeling
● Preparing presentations and investment memos
● Supporting / preparing documentation for financial reporting and external audits
● Consulting / supporting portfolio companies
● Assist the investment team as needed