Director of Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Coordinates and compiles the System-wide Annual Fiscal Report for the Division of Administration and the System-wide Financial Statements prepared in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Compilation includes preparation of the System-wide Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) statement and the System-wide Net Pension Liability, coordination of financial information with University of Louisiana System (UL System) institutions and legislative auditors.
- Works with the Legislative Auditor in the annual audit of the financial statements, as well as prepares the financial statements in the format required by the auditors.
- Compiles financial information received from each campus for analysis and monitoring. This information is presented to the UL System quarterly.
- Reviews the Louisiana Board of Regents operating budget summaries prepared by System Accountant for UL System.
- Compiles semi-annual reports and analysis of alternatively-financed projects for presentation to the UL System Board of Supervisors (Third-party reports).
- Researches and interprets state and federal laws and regulations as needed for use by executive management.
- Provides technical assistance to UL System institutions regarding GAAP and external audits as requested by executive management.
- Performs special reviews and investigations at the request of the System President/CEO and/or the Vice President for Business and Finance and prepares written reports of findings and recommendations as necessary.
- Serves as the primary LaCarte Administrator for the agency.
- Assists Vice President of Business and Finance with special projects as needed.
- Assists the System Accountant, as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President for Business and Finance.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience in State of Louisiana higher education financial reporting preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel required.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Access preferred.
Priority Deadline is Friday, December 10, 2021, but the advertisement will remain open until the position is filled. For consideration, please email resume with references to ULSHR@ulsystem.edu.