The position will assist with the mental health component of the Center for Sport programs at Tulane University. The primary responsibility is clinical and coordination of services management. Duties include: patient assessment, treatment planning and coordination, multidisciplinary staffing, case management and ongoing program monitoring and development. Follow-up with appropriate services locally and nationally is required. The successful candidate must utilize the appropriate digital tools for communication and data analysis to support patient care, to enhance interoffice and intra-office communications, and to maintain confidentiality and the requirements of HIPAA.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Clinical knowledge and treatment skills, clinical writing skills, and routing management skills
- Ability to work effectively in an academic environment and to advocate for excellence in patient services, whether on site or in other areas of the country
- Knowledge and experience in the use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities, and treatment procedures. This includes: acute, chronic, and traumatic illness/injuries; common medications and their effects/side effects; medical terminology. Knowledge and use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the APA (DSM-5) is required
- Knowledge of community resources, how to make appropriate referrals to community and other agencies for services, and ability to coordinate services
Required Education and/or Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker with at least 2 years of experience with case management and psychosocial issues of adults
- Experience in developing and delivering case management to high profile athletes and their families
- Work history in a medical setting and academic experience
- Strong record of performance in case management social work, particularly with adults and families
- Experience in mental health rehabilitation and complex medical and neurological conditions
- Experience working with older adults and the aging population
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): 50000 Maximum salary(USD $): 85000
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA