The employee will work as a Medical Research Technician in the Division of Immunology, Tulane National Primate Research Center and will be responsible for performing experiments in Biosafety level 2 laboratories. The employee will be trained in Biosafety protocols by the Principal Investigator as well as by the Institutional Department of Biosafety. Necessary experiments include those involving cellular immunology and microbiology, in adherence with the Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) in place. He/she should be able to work independently under minimal supervision under biosafety level 2+ conditions. He/she will also be in overall charge of the laboratory including ordering supplies, maintaining equipment, and general laboratory maintenance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to perform meticulous laboratory work with careful attention to detail, and in strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Familiarity with bio-molecular and animal research work
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of BSL2 and BSL3 bio-containment principles, both for animal and laboratory space
- Familiarity with basic computational tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Laboratory experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (BS) in any one of the following streams of sciences: microbiology, immunology, cell-biology, genetics, molecular biology, infectious disease, biological or general science
- Two years of work experience with cellular immunology techniques such as ELISPOT assays, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA and flow cytometry assays and with molecular biology techniques including DNA and RNA extraction, and real time PCr
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade T2.23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: Covington, LA